Wednesday, October 28, 2009

It Won't Be Like This For Long ...

There is a song that starts with the refrain "It Won't Be Like This for Long". It laments how fast time flies as a parent. Most parents can relate to that, and I am not immune to the longing in that ballad. Tonight, of all things, my youngest wet the bed and was sleeping right through it. I noticed and walked him carefully to the potty, took off his wet clothes, then searched out a clean pair and placed him back into a dry bed. The entire time his eyes were closed and he just leaned into me. Even this time, the night time potty training gone awry is fleeting and special. His sleepy trust of Mommy to tend to him is so precious. Tomorrow I will have to remember and press this into the pages of my heart.

Thank you, Lord for these times with my children. Thank you for the love I have for them, and the they readily give in return.

No comments: