Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons - Completed

My little boy finished the entire book. Yeah! It took us longer than the 100 days, but we didn't do it every day. Some days we stopped, others he wanted to do a second lesson. The only thing I would change is the writing. We didn't do it, but if I was starting again, I would at least out a sheet of paper and do a letter or two each time.

I have heard from other moms that the pages were too boring, no color, not enough pictures. Not sure what the difference is, some of the children were ADHD/ADD diagnosed, some where quiet girls that had recommended the book to me. (By the mother, not the student). Other children, with similar traits it didn't work for. Go figure. The only one I KNOW why it didn't work for is a dear friend who left it in her car until the yellow faded to white and never opened it.

We have really enjoyed the book, and it was a nice quiet moment together. My 3 year old isn't quiet ready yet. We are still working on the first 3 lessons, but he loves saying "mmmmmmmm" and "ssssssss".

No comments: