Monday, March 8, 2010

Southbound on I-75 - Lanes Orchard in Georgia

If you are traveling southbound (or northbound) on I-75, and children are aboard, make a stop at Lane Southern Orchard. It is a few miles (3 or 4) off the interstate but a fun stop for families. Take exit 142 off I-75, head West and it's on the right after a few miles through beautiful Georgia.
Travelers and locals find the playground a fun trip and my three enjoyed climbing on the tractors. A local mom suggested stopping in mid March, the peach trees bloom and it is just the most beautiful thing she has ever seen.
There is a self tour of the peach packing facilities at the back of the store, and for $6 per adult, $4 per child, a tractor ride will take you into the orchard. Tours are seasonal, but my kids were still excited by so many trees in rows.
Inside they have a walk up bakery and ice cream counter. (I must reccomend the fried peach pie, I ate it too fast to take a picture.) There is a family restarant as well as clean restrooms. There is a store that sells peaches, pecans and citrus in season.
We enjoyed a quick stop, a sweet treat, and some energy let out at their playground.

No comments: